Beautiful DIY Sweater Patterns.
Cold weather is here, and that means sweater time! Sweaters are great for layering and can be buttery soft next to your skin! These homemade sweater ideas are great for gifts, or maybe you want to keep some for yourself! Check out my roundup of 20 Cozy Homemade Sweater Ideas that you can make yourself!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
There are so many beautiful homemade sweaters you can make! Most of the patterns below of are free, but even the paid patterns are so much cheaper than buying a brand new sweater. So if you want a frugal, heartfelt gift to give this holiday season, definitely consider these homemade sweater ideas!
20 Cozy Homemade Sweater Ideas
Here are some things to consider before starting on your homemade sweater:
- Get plenty of yarn. You don’t want to run out of yarn midway through your project, so make sure you buy enough and maybe a little extra. Yarn comes in a lot of different types and colors, so it’s always handy to have many different skeins on hand.
- Make a sweater without a pattern. Check out this post for how to make a homemade sweater without a pattern!
- Practice, practice, practice! The key to getting really good at crocheting is to keep practicing. It is a skill that must be practiced to master the harder stitches.
1. V-Neck Cardigan from Sew Simple Home
2. Scarf Neck Cardigan from Sew Can She
3. Sheer Pullover Sweater from Vivat Veritas
4. Brooklyn Tweed Turtleneck Sweater from Vivat Veritas
5. Baby Cardigan Onesies from Heather Handmade
6. Draped Cardigan from Heather Handmade
7. Simple Cardigan from Happiest Camper
8. Chunky Crochet Raglan Sweater from Ned and Mimi
9. Dream Catcher Cardi Shrug from Ned and Mimi
10. Crochet Poncho from Itchin For Some Sitchin
11. Dog Sweater from Itchin For Some Stitchin
12. Cozy Campfire Hoodie from Itchin For Some Stitchin
13. Emelita Bell Sleeve Sweater from Itchin For Some Stitchin
14. Herringbone Pullover for Babies from Cute and Cozy Crochet
15. Mama’s Crochet Shrug from Cute and Cozy Crochet
16. Toddler Pullover from Cute and Cozy Crochet
17. Vanilla Cloud Sweater from Garn Studio
18. Golden Hour Cardigan from Garn Studio
19. Clear Winter Sky Sweater from Garn Studio
20. Cranberry Splash Sweater from Garn Studio
What kind of homemade sweaters are you wanting to make this year?
You might also be interested in: 15 Upcycled Sweater Winter Decor DIY Projects