I love all things blue! I actually styled our front porch with an aqua color scheme, I love it so much. It’s just so calming and pretty. I also love blueberries, but more because they taste so good, though being blue is a plus! I had accidentally squished a few of the blueberries I was snacking on the other day, and was reminded that their juice has a very strong color. I wondered if that color could hold up enough to dye something like a sugar scrub, and I wasn’t disappointed! Here’s how to make a naturally colored aqua Blueberry Lemon Sugar Scrub!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
You only need a small amount of blueberries for this DIY sugar scrub, so don’t worry about wasting a whole package of tasty ones! You can also use frozen blueberries. Of course, if you’re growing blueberries in your garden this summer, you probably have more than enough fresh ones to make this sugar scrub, plus some tasty treats (like my blueberry lemonade ice pops)!
Blueberry Lemon Sugar Scrub
Yields: 1 1/2 cups
2. Place the puréed blueberries into a small strainer over a small mixing bowl. With the back of a spoon, push as much blueberry juice through the strainer as possible. You should be able to get about 2 tablespoons of juice.
3. Add the coconut oil to the blueberry juice. Mix well to incorporate. The mixture will be a pretty bluish-purple in hue. (Optional- If you want the color darker, add a small amount of blue mica powder until your desired shade of blue is achieved).
4. Mix in the sugar and stir well.
5. Add the lemon essential oil and Vitamin E oil and stir to blend well.
6. Transfer to an airtight container and store for up to one month. Enjoy!
How to Use
1. Wet skin in shower and apply the blueberry lemon sugar scrub to your body.
2. Massage in a circular motion, allowing the coconut oil to moisturize and the sugar to exfoliate.
3. Rinse well with warm water.
4. Pat dry with towel and apply your favorite skin moisturizer. I like to use my DIY coconut lime whipped body butter!
This homemade blueberry lemon sugar scrub is good for your skin for a number of reasons! First of all, sugar is a natural skin exfoliant. Coconut oil moisturizes and plumps up the skin. Lemon essential oil has a sharp, awakening citrus scent and is used in scrubs for its cleansing and invigorating properties. Finally, blueberries contain Vitamin C and powerful antioxidants that help protect your skin’s collagen and help keep your skin firm, which keeps you looking young!
Have you ever dyed something using fruit juice?
This post contains affiliate links to Amazon. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information, and thanks for supporting this site!
You might also be interested in: