Want to start your day off right? Then you need to have a good breakfast! And there’s no better breakfast than a healthy, filling breakfast casserole full of veggies! This breakfast is perfect for slow weekend mornings, or for days when you know you’ll be so busy you won’t have time for lunch! If you want a simple, delicious breakfast then you’ve got to make my Easy Veggie Breakfast Casserole!
If you don’t want this to be a vegetarian breakfast casserole, you could easily fry up some sausage or bacon to add in. But with all the eggs in this breakfast bake, you’ll probably be plenty full without any extra protein from meat!
Easy Veggie Breakfast Casserole
1 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup chopped zucchini
1/3 cup onions
2 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup tomatoes
1 tablespoon fresh basil
salt and pepper
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350℉.
2. Generously grease a 9×13″ baking dish and set aside.
3. Add corn, zucchini, onions and butter to a large pan and cook on medium heat for three minutes. Add tomatoes, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add eggs, basil, salt and pepper to the prepared baking dish. Beat eggs until combined.
5. Add vegetables to egg mixture and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, add cheese, and return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Serve and enjoy your delicious veggie breakfast casserole!
As this breakfast bake is full of eggs, you pretty much want to eat it all within 24 hours or freeze the extras. To freeze this breakfast casserole, wrap it in foil, put it in an airtight container/freezer bag then stick it in the freezer. It’ll last in the freezer for one month. When you’re ready to reheat and eat it, let it thaw completely in the refrigerator, then reheat and eat it within 3 days.
What do you usually have for breakfast?
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ½ cup chopped zucchini
- ⅓ cup onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup tomatoes
- 10 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Generously grease a 9x13" baking dish and set aside.
- Add corn, zucchini, onions and butter to a large pan and cook on medium heat for three minutes. Add tomatoes, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, basil, salt and pepper to the prepared baking dish. Beat eggs until combined.
- Add vegetables to egg mixture and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add cheese, and return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This post contains an affiliate link to Amazon. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
You might also be interested in: