While I love entertaining my kids’ friends, sometimes it’s nice to plan a party for the grown-ups! I particularly like it if it lets me try out a new homemade alcoholic drink recipe! This year, the adults at my Thanksgiving dinner will get to try a new drink I’m particularly proud of. It’s creamy, it’s pumpkin-y, it’s pretty perfect! Give it a go yourself and mix up this Pumpkin Spice Mudslide!
I’m a big fan of anything using real pumpkin! Combine it with pumpkin pie spice, and you’ve got a big burst of fall flavor! Then combine that with a few creamy ingredients, and you’ve got a very delicious homemade alcoholic drink! And it only takes a minute or two to whip together, making it perfect for entertaining a lot of guests!
I made this drink with a cocktail shaker, but if you don’t have one, that’s OK. You could also use a jar, or a hard plastic/metal water bottle, as long as the lids seals on tightly. Pretty much any container with a tight seal will work. You may want to test it with just some water first, to make sure nothing will leak out. But if you find yourself making your own alcoholic drinks pretty often, you may want to get an actual cocktail shaker, just to make the whole process easier. It also doesn’t hurt that using a real cocktail shaker makes you feel like a fancy bartender!
Pumpkin Spice Mudslide- Homemade Alcoholic Drink
Makes 1 drink
Pumpkin pie spice
1. In a cocktail shaker, add the pumpkin purée and milk.
2. Add the pumpkin spice liqueur and vodka.
3. Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice and shake for 30 seconds.
4. Pour into a short cocktail glass (like an Old Fashioned glass, rocks glass, or lowball glass) filled with ice.
5. Add whipped cream on top and sprinkle with more pumpkin pie spice.
Then enjoy your pumpkin spice mudslide! Drink responsibly, and never drink and drive!
Have you ever made a homemade alcoholic drink recipe?
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin purée
- ½ cup milk
- 3 Tablespoons (equivalent of 1 shot) Baileys pumpkin spice liqueur
- 3 Tablespoons (equivalent of 1 shot) whipped cream vodka
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Whipped cream
- Pumpkin pie spice for topping
- In a cocktail shaker, add the pumpkin purée and milk.
- Add the pumpkin spice liqueur and vodka.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice and shake for 30 seconds.
- Pour into a short cocktail glass (like an Old Fashioned glass, rocks glass, or lowball glass) filled with ice.
- Add whipped cream on top and sprinkle with more pumpkin pie spice.
This post contains affiliate links to Amazon. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
You might also be interested in: