If you’re thinking of giving homemade Christmas gifts this year, then you really should consider giving a Mason jar mix! They’re inexpensive to make, look pretty, and make very thoughtful gifts! If the person you’re making a gift for isn’t that fond of cookies, how about giving them something yummy to drink instead, like this delicious Holiday Mason Jar Cocoa Mix Recipe!
You’ll never want to go back to commercially packaged hot cocoa after you see how yummy this homemade mix is, and how easy it is to put together!
Holiday Mason Jar Cocoa Mix Recipe
Cocoa Mix Ingredients
¾ cup non-fat dry milk powder
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¾ cup powdered sugar
Mini Ghirardelli chocolate wafers
Mini marshmallows, for garnish
Cocoa Mix Instructions
1. Layer the ingredients in order in a 32 ounce quart size wide mouth Mason jar.
2. When ready to use, mix ingredients together: Dry milk, cocoa, powdered sugar and chocolate wafers.
3. Add 8 ounces freshly-boiled water to ½ cup hot chocolate mix in a heat-proof mug.
4. Stir until completely dissolved, add in mini marshmallows, and enjoy!
Mason Jar Materials
32 oz. wide mouth Mason jar
Holiday picks of your choice: I used winter evergreen and Holly berries
Wire cutter scissors
Hot glue gun
Snowflake mini tree ornament
A gift tag
Mason Jar Directions:
1. Wash and dry your Mason jar and lid.
2. Remove the wire from your holiday picks.
3. Take your ribbon and wrap it around the Mason jar leaving 6 inches on each side for the bow.
4. Place one of the holiday picks in the center of the Mason jar with the bottom 2 inches from the lid. You want the pick to rise above the top of the lid with the bottom glued to the jar.
5. Using your glue gun adhere the pick. Hold in place for 45 seconds. Repeat for any other picks you may be using.
6. Take your ribbon and tie the bow over the holiday picks, hiding the glue.
7. Fill out your gift tag, then attach the tag and snowflake ornament by tying them off on the bow to adhere.
- ¾ cup non-fat dry milk powder
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Mini Ghirardelli chocolate wafers
- Mini marshmallows, for garnish
- Layer the ingredients in order in a 32 ounce quart size wide mouth Mason jar.
- When ready to use, mix ingredients together: Dry milk, cocoa, powdered sugar and chocolate wafers.
- Add 8 ounces freshly-boiled water to ½ cup hot chocolate mix in a heat-proof mug.
- Stir until completely dissolved, add in mini marshmallows, and enjoy!
Don’t miss a post! Get this blog delivered by email every time I post. Subscribe via email here
This post contains affiliate links to Amazon. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
You may also be interested in: