10 More Ways to Re-Purpose Old Jeans

Great Ideas For Upcycling Those Old Jeans is one of my most popular posts so I thought I’d see if i could find some other ideas for repurposing old jeans.  I tried to find ideas that go beyond the normal making a bag or skirt out of them. So if you have some old jeans, don’t throw them out!  I’ve collected some of the best creative ways to repurpose old jeans.

10 Creative Ideas for repurposing old jeans - don't throw out those old jeans. Check out these ideas!

Ideas for Repurposing Old Jeans

Creative ideas for repurposing old jeans like this denim covered journal

This is so pretty!  I’m sure most teenagers would love this. Make a pretty denim covered journal from Life Made Creations.

Great ideas for repurposing old jeans like this denim pencil cube

Another fun way to repurpose old jeans is to make them into a pencil cube. Tutorial at Crafts n’ Coffee

Great ideas of repurposing jeans like this camera bag made

I imagine that a camera bag made from denim would be nice and sturdy! Make a camera bag from Evil Mad Scientist

Great ideas for repurposing those old jeans like making these denim shoes!

How about making some slippers! Make your own foot wear from DoNight

Great ideas for repurpsoing old jeans like making this denim pouff!

If you’re looking for a more challenging project, try this denim pouff from Michelle Made Me. She has a great tutorial.

Great ideas for repurposing old jeans like making these cute denim fabric flowers!

Make a bouquet of pretty fabric flowers with your old jeans – tutorial at  Crafts By Amanda

Fantastic ideas for repurposing old jeans like making a denim pouch for all your tech stuff!

This tech caddy is from a  tutorial at Instructables

Great ideas for repurposing old jeans like making this denim armrest!

What a great idea! A denim armrest from Just Crafty Enough

upcycle old jeans into a fun tic tac toe game

Make a denim Tic Tac Toe game from The Wildcards

Great ideas for repurposing old jeans like making these cute little denim pocket purses!

What a great idea for repurposing old jeans! Make cute little denim pocket purses from BHG. These would make such cute gifts!

Hope you’ve found some inspiring ideas for repurposing those old jeans!

A Cultivated Nest: 10 ways to upcyle old jeans

Check out my Upcycle Board on Pinterest for more ideas!

Share This!Share on StumbleUponPin on PinterestShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on YummlyShare on Facebook

Comments

Thank you Rhonda! Seems like everybody has old jeans and most people don’t know all the wonderful things you make out of them. It’s such nice sturdy fabric!

Those are all so cute. I just came from a Sisters On The Fly campout where there was a lot of denim. We had a ‘garage sale’ with things some of the gals had made and collected. These would have been a big hit. I’ll have to think about making some for next year.
    ~Adrienne~

Such cute ideas! I love denim — I wear it daily and decorate it with it, too. I’m so excited that you shared the Denim Pencil Cube from Crafts ‘n Coffee — thank you! Sharon

Oh good! I keep showing these ideas to my daughter but she just throws her holey jeans in the dog crate. Corey likes to sleep on them! If she was motivated she could make him a little denim patchwork quilt to sleep on made out of her jeans (which would look much nicer) :)

They are fun but nothing can touch your original tute..still the most original ideas I’ve seen…
    another I’ve done is to open up the seams on a pair of old jeans and spiral cut them about 1/2″ wide from the centre of the thigh area to make a continuous length, and make a crocheted rag rug, or a braided one if you don’t crochet, just braid the lengths together and sew them up into a circular, or square pattern….the unfinished edges add some interest and funkiness, and the resulting rug is super strong and interesting to look at..add some embellishments if you like, such as patches or appliques…

Awww…I tried to find the more unusual ways of repurposing jeans. :)

Your rug idea sounds good! I did see a couple of rugs that were braided when I was looking for ideas.

OK, I’m totally floored by these ideas. I love that notebook cover one and any of them that utilized the pockets. I also think the flower one would make a wonderful fall wreath with countryside colors. In fact, I’m planning to do one myself.

My brain is just clicking clicking clicking with the idea of it.

LOVE this post.

5. Donna says

LOVE the tic-tac-toe idea! I will definitely be making that for our game room and maybe an extra for the car! The kids would love it :-) Thank you!

6. Cindy says

Very cute ideas! I have also seen these woven jean bags that I want to try. It looks like a lot of work, but they look so wonderful!

I know! So many great ideas out there for repurposing jeans. Thanks for dropping by~