Christmas Apothecary Jar

Don’t apothecary jars just lend themselves to seasonal decorating? They look great filled with all kinds of things.

paper pulp reindeer

One of my very favorite stores, Cost Plus World Market sent me a few samples from  their Seasonal Collection  so I decided to use them to make a little winter wonderland scene in an apothecary jar.

Christmas apothecary jar - A Cultivated Nest

These items are from their Christmas Carols Collection which is wonderfully vintage. Right up my alley!  Bottlebrush trees, pinecone gnomes, paper pulp reindeer and much much more!

pinecone gnome

I partially filled my apothecary jar with Epsom salts (which makes a wonderful fake snow) and topped that with some fluffy fake snow.

bottle brush trees in apothecary jar

Then I placed my items in inside.

red jingle bells

The last thing I did was to top  my jar with some red jingle bells!

apothecary jar with bottlebrush trees

Couldn’t be easier! Apothecary jars are a super easy way to decorate for any season!

Disclaimer: Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free.  I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Comments

So Cute! I have heard/read a lot about CPWM but the nearest one is 200+ miles. I am trying to stay out of stores like that now days. :D I have not done anything different with my jars or cloches in some time now. :/
    Enjoy your evening.

2. Vee says

Very cute…love those bottle trees and the pine cone gnome and the little fawn outside. I am still trying to figure out what to do with mine…perhaps starlight mints or gold balls or who knows…

Love the bottle brush trees, but think I’ll wait until after Christmas to try and get them at 50% off. ;-) How do you get businesses to send you things for free?

L*O*V*E all the glittery effect! :-) so cute…and your mantel looks awesome. Love all your houses..each one unique in its own way, and the colors are pretty. puts one in the Christmas Spirit!!! {hugs}

That little deer is the cutest thing I have every seen. Love it! And what a neat idea to use apothecary jars for decorating. I will definitely have to keep that in mind. My husband might tease me a bit though…saying I am decorating like a laboratory…hehehe.

6. Theresa Roach says

I think it is beautiful;). Great use of the jar to make a gorgeous scene. Have a blessed day dear friend, hugs.

7. Debbie says

I have a thing for little seasonal vignettes like that. I don’t have a single apothecary jar. That needs to be rectified. I really do love the look of them. I’m going to try the epsom salt snow. I’ve been reading about it for the first time this year.

Epsom salts make great snow. It doesn’t fly away like the bagged faux snow and get into everything. If you add a little bit of glitter to it it’s even nicer!

This is so cute. I was thinking of doing something similar, except under a glass dome- actually one of those cheese things I bought at a yard sale. I painted the base white and use it to display little things.

That’s a great idea! I see those cheese domes at the thrift store all the time and they make great cloches.

I do love that store! We don’t really have one very close to my house so it’s a treat to find one. Love what you did with your mantle. I’m with you, I have toooo much Christmas stuff and some of it needs to go. Mimi