Decorating with Faux Pumpkins & The Winner

brown transferware soup tureen

I did a little more fall decorating which really just consisted of pulling out pumpkins I already have.

red and white harlequin pumpkin

All these pumpkins were done back in 2008/2009. Basically they’re all faux pumpkins and I either decoupaged them or used rub-on decals. Very easy to do!

black and white harlequin pumpkins

I used tissue paper or napkins to decopauge my pumpkins.

This one was done using a rub-on decal. Much easier than stencilling or painting by hand (at least for me). I had a few that I did with crown rub-ons and fleur dis lis that I’m not putting out this year. So just look in the sticker/rub on aisle at your local crafts store and you’ll find lots of things you can use on your pumpkins!

The winner of the Phyllis Hoffman Celebrate Fall Issue is………..

Congratulations to Rhonda @ If You Do Stuff, Stuff Gets Done.  Please contact me with your mailing address.

pumpkin in a transferware bowl

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Comments

1. Vee says

What a great name for a blog! Congrats to Rhonda!

I’ve always loved your faux pumpkins. They’re giving me ideas to revisit my own.

Congrats to Rhonda!! She is a great lady and will enjoy it.
    I love your Fall decor, very pretty, simple and sweet.
    Hugs, Cindy

I love your pumpkins. Have you seen the cover and article of the October Country Living magazine?? You’re way ahead of them :) Have a great weekend.

Congratulations to the winner . I just love that blog name!

I also love your pumpkins. I can’t seem to find good faux ones. I know they SHOULD have good ones at our HL, but they really don’t. I would really like to do some like that for my house.

Love the decorated pumpkins and how you have them displayed. Congrats to Rhonda on being the winner – I’ve known her for quite a number of years from a mutual yahoo groups list!

As always, Manuela, Pretty!
    I can’t believe it’s pumpkin time already. I was just thinking today how the little bit of showers we’ve had recently and the due in the early mornings has made the grass green up a tad bit… and now it is FALL!

Your pumpkins are truly beautiful and somewhat whimsical… congrats to Rhonda !

Pat

7. Brenda Kula says

I always love your holiday decor, and the way you arrange your shelves. You are very artistic!
    Brenda

8. susan says

I have a bunch of faux pumpkins that would look great with the rub ons-thanks for the great idea.
    I loved the pics of your shelving. It’s fun to see what kinds of books others have. Don’t you love the books by Alexandra Stoddard!

9. Deanna says

Congrats to Rhonda! I am going to look for that magazine to take on vacation this week.

Love all your great pumpkins – I have one like your grapevine one! Cute!

Deanna