Maple pumpkin bars… it’s a recipe made in heaven… or at least in my kitchen- where in the colder months Pumpkin is king and Maple reigns alongside. These yummy bars set the mood for crisp, fresh, wintery weather. Add a little or a lot of chocolate to the mix and you have yourself the perfect dessert, breakfast, or mid-afternoon pick-me-up with a cup of coffee. These are moist, full of flavor, and with a richness that will leave nothing but crumbs on the plate when you serve them.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
I love to make these with some walnuts added in! The crunchy texture just makes them even more delicious! If you’re allergic to walnuts, you could try pecans instead. Or you could omit the nuts altogether. Either way, these maple pumpkin bars make delicious after-school treats or after-dinner desserts! You could even package these up in nice gift bags as lovely food gifts for your friends!
Maple Pumpkin Bars
2 sticks butter, softened
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup walnuts or pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Butter or spray a 9″ x 13” pan.
8. Pour batter into prepared pan, smooth with a spatula.
9. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Test the doneness of the center by inserting a toothpick- if it comes out clean they are done.
10. Remove from oven and cool before slicing into 2” x 2” squares.
These yummy maple pumpkin bars are loaded with flavor!
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter or spray a 9″ x 13” pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer combine butter, maple syrup, brown sugar, egg, pumpkin puree, and vanilla.
- Mix on medium until well combined.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Incorporate flour mixture into wet ingredients just until combined, do not overmix.
- Fold in chocolate chips by hand. Add in walnuts or pecans if you’d like some added crunch.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smooth with a spatula.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Test the doneness of center by inserting a toothpick- if it comes out clean they are done.
- Remove from oven and cool before slicing into 2” x 2” squares.
This post contains affiliate links to Amazon. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
About Jody: I am a Florida girl through and through living the semi-country, small town life. I am making my way through it with my amazing hubby, 2 beautiful kids, 2 of the best Dachshunds to ever walk the face of the earth, massive amounts of coffee and a whole lot of Jesus. I homeschool, craft, cook, scrapbook, garden, raid the thrift shops, snap 1,000’s of photos, and read when I can grab a spare minute (which is rare). You can find me blogging at Simply Southern Sunshine.
You may also be interested in: