It’s very nearly Christmastime, which means it’s time to start planning what Christmas cookies you want to make! Luckily there are dozens of different kinds of cookies in existence! There are soft cookies, crunchy cookies, chocolaty cookies; you name it! Whether you’re just making cookies for your family or taking them to a Christmas cookie exchange, there are likely several Christmas cookie recipes that you’re bound to love! So if you’re looking for some new recipes to try this year, then you’ve got to check out these 20 Yummy Christmas Cookie Recipes!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon and/or Etsy, which means that I may earn a small commission from some of the links in this post. Please see our Disclosure Page for more information.
Cookies are delicious at all times of year, but the large variety of flavors and shapes in Christmas-themed cookies makes them extra special!
20 Yummy Christmas Cookie Recipes
Here are some tips to help you make the tastiest Christmas cookie recipes ever!
- Room Temperature Butter. Make sure your butter is at room temperature if you are making your dough from scratch. This makes it easier to cream your butter and sugar and gives you an overall better dough.
- Uniform Cutouts. If you are making cutout cookies, make sure you roll out your dough to the correct thickness and that your cutouts are uniform in size. This ensures that your cookies bake correctly.
- Prepare ahead of time. If your time is crunched around the holidays, then make your cookies ahead of time. You can freeze unfrosted cookies for about 12 months and frosted cookies for around 2 months. Thaw them at room temperature for a delicious cookie. Or freeze the cookie dough in balls, and when you want some fresh-baked cookies, just take them straight out of the freezer and bake them without defrosting. Food Network explains more about how to successfully freeze baked cookies and cookie dough.
1. Spiced Gingerbread Man Cookies
Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without some gingerbread man cookies! The Comfort of Cooking shows how to make these yummy gingerbread man cookies!
2. Decadent Amish Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Amish Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft, buttery, and delicious! These are going to be a favorite all year long, not just at Christmas time.
3. Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cookies
If you love red velvet cake, then you’ve got to try these delicious cookies! Follow Chef in Training’s recipe to make your own red velvet cookies!
4. Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cranberry White Chocolate Chip cookies are some of my favorites, with the tangy cranberries and rich white chocolate chips in a soft and buttery dough.
5. Eggnog Snickerdoodle Cookies
I love snickerdoodles, and the addition of eggnog makes these snickerdoodles perfect for Christmastime! Check out Amy’s Healthy Baking’s recipe and make these wonderful eggnog snickerdoodle cookies!
6. Fudge Round Reindeer Cookies
These reindeer cookies will be a hit at a Christmas party or as a snack for your kid’s school. They don’t take long and are so festive!
7. Italian Anisette “S” Cookies
Aren’t these Christmas cookies pretty? Wishes and Dishes explains how to make your own tasty Christmas Anisette cookies!
8. 3-Ingredient Buttery Shortbread Cookies
These shortbread cookies are perfect for a Christmas cookie exchange because they look cute but only use a few ingredients. Find out how to make these yummy Christmas shortbread cookies by following Chew Out Loud’s recipe!
9. Copycat Lofthouse Sugar Cookies
These copycat Lofthouse sugar cookies are just as delicious as the ones you buy at the store. They are easy to make and can be found on A Cultivated Nest.
10. White Chocolate Dipped Ginger Cookies
These cookies look so delicious! If you want to make your own pretty white chocolate-dipped ginger cookies, check out Cooking Classy’s recipe!
11. Snowman Thumbprint Cookies
These creative thumbprint cookies are sure to be a hit at any Christmas cookie swap! Take a look at the recipe on In Katrina’s Kitchen to find out how to make these adorable snowman thumbprint cookies!
12. Melting Moments Cookies
If you love soft, melt-in-your-mouth cookies, then you’ve got to bake these! Follow The View From Great Island’s recipe to make these soft Melting Moments cookies!
13. Chocolate Cherry Blossom Cookies
These pretty cookies look so tasty and are easy to make! Follow Baking Beauty’s recipe to make your own yummy chocolate cherry blossom cookies!
14. Peppermint Shortbread Cookies
A fun twist on a shortbread cookie with some peppermint crunch added just right for Christmas and dunking in hot cocoa.
15. Oreo Peppermint Crunch Cookies
These easy-to-make cookies have a delightful added crunch! Inside Bru Crew Life’s recipe explains how to make these yummy Oreo peppermint crunch cookies!
16. Loaded Monster Christmas Cookies
I made this recipe so that I could give it as gifts since it packs into a mason jar nicely and is pretty. The person getting this gift will be so excited to make these and enjoy a loaded monster cookie!
17. Candy Cane Cookies
Your family will love these festive candy cane cookies from The Baker Mama. They are a sugar cookie dough with a touch of peppermint.
18. Pecan Pie Thumbprint Cookies
The Baker Mama has the recipe for these pecan pie thumbprint cookies, and I think they will be just the thing to add to a Christmas cookie platter!
19. Grain Free Snowball Cookies
Ambitious Kitchen has the recipe for these grain-free snowball cookies. They are a great option for a healthier cookie during the holidays.
20. Andes Mint Cookies
You can’t beat chocolate and mint, especially during the holidays. Belle of the Kitchen shows you how to make these Andes Mint Cookies!
Do you have a favorite kind of Christmas cookie?
You may also be interested in: 10 Easy Christmas Cookies