Decorating for Easter

Hi everyone! I did a little Easter decorating in my china cabinet this week and thought I’d share what I had done.

decopauged toile Easter egg

Everything I used I already had with the exception of the green mini bunny tureen on the first shelf and a couple of things that I made.

Easterbottlebrush trees

I really love these Easter bottle brush trees. Aren’t they sweet!

I thought about making some like I did for Christmas but never got around to it – maybe next year.
whitebunny

birdplate
I made that green polka dot plate with the bird by decoupaging a picture from a calendar on a glass plate and then decoupaging a green and white polka dot napkin on top of that. That’s old school style crafting!

green moss bunnies on a stick
Remember bunnies on stick from last year? (They’re from Pier 1 and I don’t know if they have them again this year). Here they are again. I made the little containers they’re in.

topcabinet

This is the top of this china cabinet and below is the bottom.

cabinetbottom
People always want to see the whole cabinet. The bottom is where I store most of my dishes and there’s usually a chair in front of it  so the storage part is hidden. It’s a great one of a kind piece that I got for Mother’s Day many years ago.

I added a few more Easter touches in other parts of the house which I’ll show you next week.

Thanks for dropping by today!

Comments

1. Becky K. says

So much fun, Easter. It holds such meaning.

I am focusing my energies on our Easter Breakfast at Church. Mrs. Rabe and I will be decorating there.

Your special touches are very adorable. I'm trying to figure out how to borrow some of your ideas for our breakfast.

Happy Spring, Manuela!

Becky K.
    Hospitality Lane

2. Megan says

Welcome back Manuela! Hope you accomplished all that you needed to get done!

Your Easter touches are so sweet. I don't think I've ever seen an egg tree like yours–great idea.

And yes–that glass plate is definately old school decorating. I made some of those way back in the day. Hmmmm–wonder where they are now?

Have a wonderful day. I hear the weather is getting nicer up there in GA!

3. Happy@Home says

It all looks so cute. The Easter trees are adorable. I have a bunny just like your green one holding the egg, only mine is yellow. I look forward to seeing more next week.

4. 1 Funky Woman says

I love those bottle brush trees, so cute! Your whole cabinet looks so good for Easter! I really love your little cloche and cake plate. You can't have too many cloches in my book!

5. Kathleen Grace says

I love the soft, sunny colors of Easter and spring! Your little cabinet is full of delightfully pretty things!

6. Julie says

Such beautiful Easter decorating, Manuela–love all of it!

Hope you're having a beautiful day!

7. Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage says

Beautiful, Manuela! Love all your red and the Easter touches. Your blog is just so inspirational to me. Thank you for sharing all your lovely ideas and making it such a pleasure to visit. I too am on a very tight budget and I enjoy making things from what I already have. Have a beautiful day.

Blessings,
    Sandi

8. Jennifer says

Hopefully your little break was productive and relaxng for you. Your decorations are so sweet. I love the way you take time out for the little things.

Have a wonderful weekend!

9. Laurie Anne says

Hi Manuela! Hope you are well.
    I really like what you've done for Easter decor…so sweet. I especially love the bunny with the green bow and the bottle brush trees are adorable. What did you use for eggs? they look like jelly beans to me :)
    hugs!
    Laurie Anne

10. Mrs.Rabe says

Manuela!

Good to see those cute bunnies back again! Also I love that plate with the polka dots…great idea!

11. Home's Where My Heart Is says

So good to see you back online! I hope you were able to get a lot done.

Manuela, as always you have done such a lovely job decorating!! I just love your toile egg!!! Many beautiful touches in your cabinet. Thank you for sharing :)

Hope you have a blessed day…

Erin

12. Jenglamgirl says

just darling, love it all. Love the plate you made, so cute! I adore those bunnies on a stick! I so want some. I saw them on another blog yesterday. Looks great! ;) JGG

13. Angela says

Just beautiful. That green bunny is just too cute. What an eat idea with those brushes. I'm going to see if I can find you sharing on your blog how you did it.!!

14. marty (A Stroll Thru Life) says

Such beautiful Easter decorations. I love the egg topiaries and all the cute bunnies. Just lovely. Hugs, Marty

15. Julie says

She's Back! yay. LOVE the Easter decor. and that toile egg and the trees and the little teeny cloche is adorable. I know you had fun doing it!
    Glad to visit again.
    HUGS.

16. Cozy Little House says

You always have the best seasonal decorations, Manuela! I love this cabinet. Now I've got to look around and see where I can do some creating in shelves. I've been meaning to try that decoupage on glass plates idea for probably 20 years. Have the glass plates around here somewhere…
    Brenda

17. julie says

Oh, I remember those cute topiary bunnies from last year and I still love them just as much! Haven't been able to find anything like them around here…but I'm determined to keep looking. Love all your other Easter touches too.

18. Andrea at Opulent Cottage says

Your decorations are so cheerful! I've been on a decoupaging kick also, and I love the plate that you did. (thinking of seed packets for mine!) The pom fringe on the pots is adorable. You have such clever ideas, Manuela! It's always inspiring to visit you.

19. Marla at Always Nesting says

Love the pretties. Easter is such a fun time to decorate and your home is lovely.

20. Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions says

Love your polka dot plate, Manuela! I may have to break down and get those bunnies on a stick ~ they are too cute!

21. Richella says

It's all so beautiful, Manuela! I especially like your plate–brilliant old-school craft! By the way, I linked to your toile candles again this week when I made myself some Easter candles with napkins. If it weren't for you, I would have never thought to decoupage candles!

22. Lou Cinda says

Mauela I always look forward to your posts!! I just love them and this one is no exception!!

SO PRETTY!! The little touches you add just set everything off!!
    You never cease to inspire me!

Thanks~you…

Lou Cinda :)

23. Christina says

What adorable tiny polka-dotted pots that you have your stick bunnies in. The trim is perfect. I'm also in love with the little tree in the cracked egg/chick container.

Love the picture of the whole cabinet too. Adorable.

24. Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria says

Welcome Back girl…you were missed my friend…
    Now I love seeing the Bunnies on a stick and Yes I remember them from last year ha ha!!
    Girl your whole cabinet looks wonderful I love your sweet bottle brush tree's with the eggs too fun…Many Blessings to you girl…hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

25. Christy says

The china you've displayed looks alot like my wedding china! I love it. Thanks for sharing.

26. matty says

So pretty! I like the bottle brush trees. Didn't you use these for Christmas, too? Precious idea!

27. Gloria says

How fun the way you decorate for all holidays. Nice touches. Glad you are back, and enjoy the weather.

28. **** April **** says

I absolutely love all the Easter love you have spread around! I'm 8 months pregnant and this will NOT be a holiday that I am decorating for this year. :)

29. jenjen says

Everything looks so pretty Manuela! I love those runnning bunny topiaries – I wish I had bought some last year! And the polka dotted pots are darling!

xoxo
    Jen

30. Glenda/MidSouth says

Welcome back! So many pretty decorations – I really like the toile egg. Most of my Spring/Easter decor is still in the box – need to get busy.

31. Linda (Nina's Nest) says

Love your Easter decorating, Manuela. But that green polka dot plate – you made it? It is a show stopper – love it all! Linda

32. mary'smom says

Hi Manuela. I'm glad you're back! Love the Easter decorations. Everything is beautiful!

33. Glenda/MidSouth says

Me again. :) Thanks for stopping by. I plan to put plastic on the floor inside the door and when temps go down, they can be easily moved inside for the night. I was surprised that many were buy large amounts of annuals this early. Man at HD said last frost date is April 15th this year.

34. Angie says

Love that bird plate you made and all the pretty green in your cabinet. Looks beautiful!

35. Beeutiful by Design says

Love your Easter decorations. You are so talented! Hope you had a good break – Jennifer

36. Blessedmom's Simple Home says

I'm glad to see you back. Everything looks so pretty. I hope you got all the FAFSA stuff done. I know what that's like :-)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

37. mbkatc230 says

Such cute Easter decor! Love the egg trees. Thanks for stopping by, glad you enjoyed the jazz post. And I hope you survived FAFSA hell. Our daughter is a Senior in college and I know just what you mean :) Kathy

38. Storybook Woods says

Oh love the bottle brush trees with the eggs, sooo sweet. Do I dare confess I have not put out one Easter decoration this year? I am a terrible mother xoxoxo Clarice

39. Mahek says

hi
    can you show us a tutorial of the decoupage that you have done
    Everything look so awesome