This chicken dump dinner is a perfect meal for busy nights!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 8 – 10 boneless chicken thighs (you can cut the chicken into cubes or strips before before freezing, or you can leave it whole)
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 Tbsp. honey-mustard
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp red pepper (optional)
- salt (optional)
- pepper (optional)
- To Freeze: Dump the chicken and all other ingredients into a gallon size freezer bag.
- Squeeze out as much air from the bag as you can. Then label the bag and lay it flat in your freezer. Once your chicken dump dinner is frozen, it can be placed upright to save freezer space.
- To Cook: Defrost your frozen chicken dump dinner bag in your refrigerator overnight (I have also cooked these frozen and they were fine for us – I just increased my cooking time).
- Take your bag and dump the contents into a greased baking dish. Cook at 350 in a preheated oven until done. This is usually at around 25-35 min for defrosted chicken breasts. If cooking in a Crock-Pot, dump the contents in the Crock-Pot and cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours or until the chicken is no longer pink.