This slow cooker chocolate lava cake dump recipe is such an easy dessert, and is absolutely delicious!
- 1 box chocolate fudge cake mix, plus ingredients to make cake
- 1 package (small size) instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 cup baking chips (optional- I used butterscotch chips, but you could also use peanut butter chips or chocolate chips)
- Vanilla ice cream
- Grease a 6 quart slow cooker by spraying with cooking spray.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on box. Pour into slow cooker.
- Add pudding and milk in a bowl and whisk until smooth, about 2-3 minutes. Place in the refrigerator for 5 minutes or until set. Spoon over batter.
- Cook, covered, on low for 3-4 hours. Insert a toothpick into the cake portion (not the “lava”) and when it comes out with moist crumbs, it’s ready.
- Turn off heat. If you want to add baking chips, sprinkle them over the top of the cake. Let set, uncovered, for about 20-30 minutes or until baking chips are soft.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.