When you bite into this incredibly delicious rhubarb crumble recipe there is an explosion of spicy sweet goodness that hits your tongue!
- 4 cups rhubarb (chopped)
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Chop rhubarb and set aside. Mix together the flour, oats, cinnamon, brown sugar, and melted butter.
- Press one-half of crumb mixture into a buttered 7 x 11″ or 8.5 x 11″ baking dish.
- Whisk sugar, cornstarch, and water together in a glass bowl.
- Microwave until thick, clear, and bubbly, approximately 3-5 minutes. Remove from microwave and whisk in vanilla. Add chopped rhubarb atop pressed-in crumb mixture in the baking dish. Pour sugar sauce evenly over rhubarb.
- Top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees until edges are bubbling and the crumb topping is browned about 30-40 minutes.