These mini pumpkin bread s’more trifles are a tasty take on the summertime campfire treat!
- 1 15 oz. can of canned pumpkin
- 1 C. oil or applesauce
- 1 ½ C. sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3 C. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- For the trifle –
- chocolate chips
- mini marshmallows
- whipped cream (I used Reddi-Wip but make your own from scratch if that’s what you like)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Combine all the wet ingredients: pumpkin, oil, sugar, vanilla and eggs. Mix well.
- Slowly fold in the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Pour the pumpkin batter evenly into the two greased loaf pans. The bread will pop right out!
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Bread will turn a light golden brown color.
- Remove the two loaves from the oven and let cool completely. Turn the pans over and remove the loaves onto a large cookie sheet. Using a knife and fork cut the bread into small chunks. *If only doing a few trifles only use what you need – cut the loaves in half if needed.
- Next, begin layering the trifles – Layer 1: pumpkin bread – enough to cover the bottom of your trifle dish.
- Layer 2: chocolate chips and mini marshmallows – I just went by eye and sprinkled a small handful on top of the pumpkin bread.
- Layer 3: whipped cream
- Layer 4: pumpkin bread
- Layer 5: chocolate chips & mini marshmallows – again, I did this by eye, it doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Top Layer: Whipped cream with some chocolate chips on top. Enjoy!