It’s okay to indulge in these low carb chai tea latte fat bombs! They are packed with flavor as well as lots of healthy fats!
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 12 whole peppercorns
- 12 whole cardamom pods
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 star anise, crushed
- 2 inches fresh ginger root, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger
- Pinch of cloves
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup Swerve Confectioner’s sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, add heavy whipping cream, peppercorns, cardamom pods, whole cloves, cinnamon sticks, star anise, and ginger root.
- Over low heat (do not boil), just below a simmer, heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and strain liquid through a mesh strainer, reserving liquid. Refrigerate until cooled – about 10 minutes
- Beat spice infused cream with remaining spices (cinnamon, ginger, and cloves) until peaks form – about 2 ½ minutes
- In a separate bowl, add cream cheese, confectioner’s sugar, and vanilla extract, then beat until fluffy – about 2 minutes.
- Add spice infused whipped cream to cream cheese mixture and fold gently until swirled together.
- Cover mixture and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Once solid enough to work with, ball into tablespoon sized balls and place on parchment covered pan.
- Freeze for 12-15 minutes and serve.
- To store, place in covered container and freeze. Thaw for 3-5 minutes prior to serving.