Homemade Chocolate Souffle Body Butter
- 1 cup Shea Butter
- ½ cup Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup Cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Melt shea butter and coconut oil in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring each time. Continue until completely melted. If you would rather avoid the microwave you can also melt in a small pan over medium low heat, stirring frequently.
- Allow to cool on counter for 15-20 minutes.
- Place in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes until it starts to set up, you don’t want it to completely harden over. This is a crucial step. If it’s not chilled properly it won’t whip. Don’t worry if you leave it in too long just remove from fridge and set on the counter until it begins to soften a bit.
- Mix with a hand mixer or a stand mixer and whip 2 minutes.
- Add in cocoa powder and vanilla extract, whip until completely combined- mixture should be fluffy and airy.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place.
- If the temperature gets too warm in your home your body butter may become partially liquid, just give it a stir and place in fridge or freezer to firm up a bit.
- This makes about a pint but depends on how much you whip it.