You don’t have to buy pricey commercial chocolate covered apples when you can make your own! Here’s how to make chocolate covered pumpkin pie spice apples!
- 6 tart apples (Granny Smith & Fuji are particularly good with the chocolate)
- 1– 10-12 oz. bag of white chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp.vanilla
- optional- walnuts, crushed/chopped. You could also use candy or sprinkles.
- 6 8″ wooden skewers
- optional- 6 fall themed straws or Halloween themed straws
- Spread some wax paper on a cookie sheet.
- Wash apples well, then dry thoroughly with a clean towel to remove all wax.
- Push a 8” skewer into the center of the apple, through the core, about 3”-4” in.
- Place white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and melt by heating it for 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each session until completely melted and smooth.
- Stir vanilla and pumpkin pie spice into the chocolate to combine.
- Use a rubber spatula to spread and smooth chocolate over apple.
- While chocolate is still wet, dip into a bowl of crushed walnuts if desired (or candy/sprinkles of your choice).
- Put your apple on the cookie sheet.
- When all the apples are covered put them in the refrigerator until the chocolate sets (about 15 min).
- To serve, slip a fun fall themed straw over your skewer if you like.