Homemade Copycat Bisquick Mix. So easy to make and only 5 ingredients!*****Tips:***** This recipe can be stored in pantry for short term, but store it in refrigerator or freezer for extended shelf life. Always use a good brand of fresh baking powder, when in doubt throw it out and buy new. If you are avoiding sugar you can leave it out and it will not affect final consistency. Swap shortening for butter if preferred. If you use shortening the mix will store for several months in your pantry without refrigeration.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. sugar
- ½ cup melted butter (you can use shortening if you don’t want to refrigerate your mix if you prefer)
- In a stand mixer combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt until well mixed.
- While mixer is going slowly pour melted butter into bowl to distribute evenly. If you are using shortening, cut in the shortening.
- Allow to mix for 1 full minute.
- You can mix this by hand, and I have, but I find using my stand mixer gives it a more even distribution- especially the butter. This will give you more consistent results in your baking.
- Transfer to an airtight container like a mason jar or freezer bag and store in refrigerator or freezer for 3-4 weeks.
- Use an equal amount of homemade Bisquick in place of the store brand in all your recipes.