- 6 C. Chex Mix Rice cereal
- 2 10 oz. packages of Wilton Gingerbread candy melts (located in the Wilton section at craft stores and major retailers, the seasonal candy melts like the Gingerbread flavor are often in the holiday baking area)
- 2 C. Betty Crocker Gingerbread cookie mix
- 2 C. powdered sugar
- Gingerbread sprinkles (optional but cute)
- Gallon size plastic bag
- Pour the (2) packages of Gingerbread candy melts into a large microwave safe dish and heat in 30 second increments, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Set the melted candies aside and allow it to cool a few minutes before pouring over the cereal.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the Chex mix and stir well completely coating all the cereal.
- Pour the 2 cups of Betty Crocker Gingerbread cookie mix and 2 cups of powdered sugar into the gallon size plastic bag (a paper bag will work too).
- Slowly pour the cereal into the bag, close and shake well to completely coat the chocolate covered cereal with powdered sugar.
- Sprinkle the Gingerbread sprinkles liberally over the cereal. More is always good in this case!
- Store in an airtight container up to 1 week – we like to keep ours in the fridge.