- 1 (16 ounce) roll sausage, browned and drained
- 4 cups day-old cornbread, cubed
- 4 cups day-old or toasted French bread, cubed
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ½ cup green bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground sage
- ¼ teaspoon ground thyme
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 9 x 13″ casserole dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13″ casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brown sausage in a medium skillet. Remove sausage to drain.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, and celery to the skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring as needed to avoid burning, until softened.
- In a large bowl, stir together sausage, vegetables, cornbread, French bread, and seasonings. Stir until evenly combined.
- Add up to 2 cups of chicken stock to moisten the bread and bring the ingredients together.
- Transfer to casserole dish and distribute evenly. Bake for 30 minutes.