Thse chocolate chip Christmas cookie bars are an easy way to make a big holiday dessert to feed a crowd! These would also make a great food gift!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a 9 x 13″ edged baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer (or in a different bowl with a hand mixer) combine the melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until well blended and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour mixture until completely blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and about half the M&M candies.
- Press the dough into the baking pan and press remaining M&M candies into the top of the dough.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the middle is set and the edges are lightly browned. Cool completely before slicing.