- 1– 15.5 oz can refried beans
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (or salsa)
- ¾ cup black olives, sliced
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup shredded cheese- Mexican blend
- (Optional 1 Tblsp Taco Seasoning – we prefer it without)
- Tortilla Chips
- Combine refried beans and water in a bowl until smooth, thinning them out makes them much easier to dip (add the taco seasoning if you like your beans spicy).
- If you are using tomatoes instead of premade salsa go ahead and chop them to your desired size now ( I do both but since it is nearly summer I am taking advantage of my fresh produce).
- Place a spoon in the sour cream, beans, and guacamole- you don’t want to cross contaminate or you will mess up your pretty layers.
- Scoop a heaping spoonful of refried beans, smooth with a spoon.
- Continue the layer-guacamole, sour cream, diced tomatoes/salsa, lettuce, black olives, and shredded cheese. Smoothing wet layers with a spoon.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with tortilla chips. Makes 8 -9 oz. cups.