Quick & Easy Pillow

Don’t you think some towels are just too cute to be used as towels? I do! I saw this one  and immediately thought it would make a cute pillow.

$3.99 at Target. I thought it would look like one of those French grain sack pillows that are so popular now but so expensive.

pillow made from Target kitchen towel

All I did was fold it in half, stick some trim on the sides and sewed it up on the other three sides – leaving an opening on the bottom so that I could stuff it.  Again, I took the stuffing out of an old bed pillow – recycle reuse.

So far I’ve paired it with a  pillow I made out of an old table runner , a red toile pillow sham  that’s always been there and a this pillow pillow that I got at TJ Maxx.

Just changing things up a bit. Not sure what I’m shooting for.  Sometimes I think I want to go with a vintagey French Farmhouse vibe.  Then other times I want to have it look more cottagey. Vintage cottage French farmhouse?

I also think that when I’m done with my chair slipcover,  I’ll tackle making a new cover for my kitchen window seat cushion!

Comments

I like the towels come pillow …looks great in the window seat and I can see your French Farmhouse vibe you have going on there too!
    Red is really grabbing my eye lately, though I’m not typically a ‘red’ kind of gal… Pat

2. Pamela Gordon says

Sweet pillows! I’m not a sewer but I have a friend who does make pillows for me. In fact, she’s making me some soon. Target is coming to Canada soon but I don’t know if there’ll be one in our city. They have such cute things. I like the cottagey French farmhouse style. :-D

Manuela, It’s perfect! Thank you so much for this idea. I am making a few pillows right now and this is just right for what I am doing. Blessings, Kathi

How cute it turned out and I love your collection. Sometimes it’s fun changing things up a bit. I’m in the process right now, too. It seems I’m going farmhouse cottage. Love the idea of repurposing old bed pillows for stuffing. I went over to FB and love your slipcover. I’m getting ready to start that project, too. I found some off white upholstery fabric at Joanns for 40% off. I wanted to make sure it was washable and durable. I’ll be contacting you for tips! Patty

CUTE!! I need ideas for pillows for my new sofa and these are adorable and cozy. I’ll just use the stuffing from the throw pillows it came with to make some that fit my decor a little better. =) I love your cottagey vibe. It is the most comforting of designs.

Hope y’all are well,
    Jen

6. Kathy says

Well it is clear you have been having fun. Great fun window seat. I esp. love the TJ pillow and the runner made a perfect pillow match. I will head to Target to check out the kitchen towels. Good idea.
    I found a lovely pair of burlap pillows in a local store at $87 each, I see that I will need to pull out
    my sewing machine soon. Thanks for sharing, drop by for a visit. Kathy

Love this! I just got some of the Target towels and am in the process of TRYING to make pillows out of mine, too. I am thinking envelope style with a big button…sure do like yours, tho.
    Come over and have a bowl of soup with me today. :)
    xo bj
    I am signing up to follow.

Love the pillows, thank you for sharing with us. I’m so happy I hopped over to your lovely blog. I’m adding your button to my blog hop page and I look forward to future visits. Hugs

These are darling~ I love your sweet pillows!! I am definitely going to have to check Target for them! :) Thanks for sharing these cuties at Feathered Nest Friday!

10. Karee at The Vintage Chateau says

Who knew they had such cute dish towels at Target?! What a great idea. I’m one of your newest followers!