Decorating White Pumpkins

I decided to do just black and white pumpkins in my dining room this year, so I thought I’d share a few ideas for doing non-traditional pumpkins for your decor.

Decorating white pumpkins - crown decal pumpkin

I feel that you can make pumpkins look however you want, whatever fits into your decor! Below are some things I used to makeover my pumkins, stickers, decals, rub-ons etc.

Orange doesn’t work for everyone! If your house is pastels you might want to just go with the white pumpkins. But you can also spray paint them any color you want. Pink, grey, purple, glitter them, rhinestone them – anything goes as far as I’m concerned! I painted a few red this year!

Decorating with black and white pumpkins

I made one polka dot pumpkin. It just makes me smile to look at it! I already had small colored dots leftover from when we had a garage sale and I just filled those in with a black sharpie. So very hi tech of me right!~smile. I also bought a package of Martha Stewart dots from Michaels and filled those in with a black sharpie too. You can cut circles out of black construction paper and glue them on a pumpkin if you don’t have any of those sticky dots.

Black & White Pumpkin Topiary

This pumpkin topiary is made from one medium and one small pumpkin. The scrolly design on the front is from a rub on I found at Hobby Lobby. I made this one last year.

Aren’t these cute! I love fleur’s so when I found a little package of fleur stickers I knew I had to find a way to use them!

These two are my favorites! They’re just stickers from the scrapbook aisle!

Go to the scrapbook section and have a look around. There are so many cute stickers you can use to decorate your pumpkins. There’s no reason why you can’t do a pumpkin with baseball stickers on it or a pink pumpkin with a ballerina on it. Use paint pens and do more than just draw a face – draw designs on it. Use your imagination and do what will work for your home!

Decorating with black and white pumpkins

You can paint real pumpkins but for the price of a real pumpkin I can get a faux one that will last forever. I bought two last year at the end of the season when they were very inexpensive. That’s how I shop. This year for next year!

I hope I’ve given you some ideas for decorating your pumpkins! Have fun with your pumpkins! They’re easy to work with (except when using a stencil-I find those hard to manipulate). Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great weekend!

Decorating with white and black pumpkins

Comments

1. Sherri S says

All of your pumpkins are designer worthy and just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the ideas. I can't wait to shop for a few fake ones for next year!

2. Jennifer says

I love the black and white pumpkins! Your ideas are just fabulous. I do have a question…When you painted pumpkins, did you use regular spray paint or paint for plastic. I had tried spraying a pumpkin black a week or so ago, and didn't like the way the paint went on.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

xo, Jennifer

3. Rhonda in OK says

Your black and white pumpkins are great!
    I am going to look for some crown stickers.
    I'm smiling about the polka dot one. It is really cute and I think it is so funny that you just colored in price stickers for the black dots –
    I am so happy when I can use what I have for a successful outcome and that is exactly what you did.

4. Kathleen Grace says

These are so great. I have a fake orange one in my stash that I didn't put out this year becasue I just don't like the color. It's getting a coat of paint this afternoon!

5. Jennifer says

I love this idea, the pumpkins are great! I have been looking for a way to decorate our store front this year that is not traditional. Our studio is very non-traditional. Thank you so much for the great ideas!

6. Ally0005 says

Your pumpkins are very cute. I really like the one with the crown on it.
    I tried to use a stencil on some last year and they came out ugly. Think I may spray paint over them and try something new but right now life has stopped so I can't do anything.
    Have a great day.

Ally

7. The Thrifty Countrywoman says

Love those pumpkins combined with the silver. Just bought a huge silver bowl yesterday at an estate sale. Now I know what I can do with it! Thanks for the ideas!

Jane

8. Rhondi says

Your black and white pumpkinsa are wonderful. I might just get some at the end of the season for next year too!
    Hope you have a great weekend.
    Hugs, Rhondi

9. julie - eab designs says

So elegant Manuela! A delightful alternative to the standard Halloween decor and one that can carry you through Thanksgiving as well.

10. Mrs.Rabe says

Manuela,

We have having a fall tea at church – a friendship tea. I am spraying pumpkins gold and silver to use, and I like several of these ideas to incorporate as well! Thanks for the photos to show us your great ideas!

Deanna

11. Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions says

Absolutely, Manuela ~ you have given some great ideas here! Wouldn't have thought of the stickers. I love the fleur ones, the crown ~ well, all of them really! How timely too, since I'm headed to Michaels this afternoon! : )

12. Sharon says

Congratulations Karen!!!

Manueals,

Your pumpkins lok adorable! What great ideas :)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Sharon

13. Amanda says

You always have such great ideas! I am crazy about the pumpkins with the crown. Great idea to spray paint the ornage ones white. I went to Hobby Lobby the other day and all the white ones were sold out!

14. Stacey says

I love you pumpkins, Manuela!! I have always wanted to try the circle one but didn't know how to do it. Guess what I will be doing this weekend know that you shared the secret? THANK YOU!!!

15. Debbie @ ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com says

These turned out great. I wish I would have gone more for a cream look. Hey but there is still time! I love how you used rub ons. What a great idea. And they turned out so great looking! I may have to try that on some wooden plates for a decorative look! Hope your day is magnificent my dear!
    Blessings,
    Debbie

16. Rue says

Hi Manuela :)

I am loving your pumpkins! (that doesn't sound right, does it LOL) Seriously, these ideas are the best I've seen so far and the vignette is perfect.

Still painting the kitchen cabinets… if only football season and flu season would end… ugh. You did say it was worth it right?? ;)

xoxo,
    rue

17. Karen says

Manuella, thank you! This is so cool. What a fun book! And a great way to start the day.
    I'm going to go look for some cool rub ons! Your pumpkins are great! Wed while I was at Michaels, I bought a cute little white pumpkin and "blinged" it out. It looks really cute. I put it in my studio. It makes me grin.
    Thanks again! Very fun!
    Karen @ Some Days Are Diamonds

18. Rachael says

Great idea…..I am so going to try this with white pumpkins and some colors from my house:-)

Thanks!!

19. Lisa says

what a great idea, I am always amazed by your creativity! and beautiful ideas. I look forward to each and every post!

20. Cindy (Applestone Cottage) says

Congratulations to my lovely friend Karen!!!! I love your ideas, that topiary is so cool and creative! Cindy

21. Lisa @celebrate CREATIVITY says

Yowza-wowza! These white pumpkins are awesome. What a fab idea. I'll try this for sure.

Great photos and creations.

22. Kirsten says

Oh my gosh! These are gorgeous…I'm stealing your stacked pumpkin tableau idea for the small buffet in my dining area. :-)

23. Anonymous says

Wow, I just love the stuff you come up with! That is just too fun. I may have to try this one out this year, we are getting a lot of pumpkins in our pumpkin patch. Doesn't it make you love Halloween?

24. Sammy Girl says

Manuela!!
    I am sooo hitting up my stores after Halloween this year. Next year … LOOK OUT!
    Seriously scrumptious pumpkins. Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs –
    Betty :)
    ps … I am having Black Friday today and thinking about a Black Friday "play date". I've never done anything like that … Mr. Linkey and everything … what do you think? any words of advice?
    B :)

25. Nadine says

Thank you for sharing your white pumpkin decorating ideas. We have lots of white pumpkins growing in our garden this year and we wanted to do something different with them.
    Have a wonderful day!

Blessings!
    ~Nadine

26. Stephanie O. says

Thanks for the posting this…All those cute pumpkins put a smile on my face and boy did I need that!

27. Susie Q says

This is wonderful Manuela!
    I love the look. Although I still tend towards the oranges and red, I think the white pumpkins and black are so elegant and pretty. Yours look just perfect in your home. You always have such great ideas!
    Love,
    Sue

28. june@craftyniche says

Love your pumpkins! I am going to wait until they are clearanced out and get some for next year. :) Oh I did a post today showing my bathroom in progress. Have a great weekend! :)

29. Barb~Bella Vista says

Manuela, congrats to Karen…that is a wonderful book!

I love the pumpkins. I'm on my way to the craft store tomorrow and I will pick up some of those great stickers. Did I say….I love those pumpkins??? Ha.

Barb :-)

30. glorv1 says

Congratulations to the winner. I actually was reading about Susan Branch at my friend Darlene's blog. I'll have to check out the blogsite. Hope you have a great weekend Manuela and your ideas are always great.

31. ~Kathie~ says

Oh what cute pumpkins! I have been seeing so many of these white pumpkins lately- I may have to try painting some of my old orange ones! Thanks for the great ideas!

32. Christina says

Love all of your lovely pumpkins. The crown is just the perfect touch. That is fantastic and unique.

I also wanted to comment on your last post. Love the piece of art that you made with sheet music.

33. The Decorated House says

Hi Manuela~
    You know how I love the white pumpkins, too! I am eager to get out the white ones and the black ones I decorated last year. Just waiting for the end of the month, or maybe the weekend!

I love how you have done yours!
    Donna

34. Tracy @ Comfort and Luxury says

What a smart way to put dots on a pumpkin! Or anything else for that matter. I just might get into pumkins if I can make them dotty that easily. Thanks for the idea!

35. Sandra says

Hi Manuela. I love love the pumpkins in their new designs. Very pretty. Girl, you are soo talented. Time to buy some cream color spray paint. :D Come visit my blog. I am having my 100th post giveaways. Have a great weekend.
    Sandra

36. Bella says

Oh, I just love those pumpkins! They are so pretty. I'm totally with you on wanting seasonal decorations that fit in with my decor. You did a great job.

37. "Blossom" says

Just one word "Beautiful". I just love what you have done with the pumpkins and stick on's. I have some fake orange that I have on the back porch; I just might have to paint them this week-end.
    thanks for sharing.

38. Cottage Rose says

I just love your blog… I am so glad that I found you on restyled house,, I just had to stop by and see your beautifully decorated pumpkins… you have given me so many ideas I have to get my pumpkins this weekend… thanks for sharing your pretty pumpkins…. have a great week.. and I am happy to get to meet a new blog friend, :)

Hug;s
    Alaura

39. laurie @ bargain hunting says

Okay, I'm ready to go paint some pumpkins! What great ideas you shared. laurie

40. Cinnamon Rose Cottage says

Hello,
    Thank you for sharing these beautiful ideas. I have posted a link on my blog! I can't wait to try some.
    Have a great evening,
    Beverly

41. Cinnamon Rose Cottage says

Hello,
    Thank you for sharing this beautiful idea with us. I have posted a link on my blog. I can't wait to try to make some!
    Have a great evening,
    Beverly

42. Leeann @ Join the Gossip says

Super cute!! I have been searching all day for a way to decorate my white pumpkin (it's my first one hehe!) and I am going to use your polka dot idea! It's so cute!

Thanks :)