These watermelon cake donuts are an easy to make dessert that looks so fun and summery! Use boxed cake mix to help put them together quickly!
- White cake mix (usually calls for oil, eggs, and water)
- Tub of vanilla frosting
- Pink and green liquid gel food coloring
- Miniature chocolate chips
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Freezer bag
- Silicone donut mold
- Parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease your baking mold with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix your cake mix with your oil, eggs, and water.
- Mix in a few drop of green food coloring until you reach your desired green color.
- Carefully pour your batter into a large freezer bag and cut a small corner off the bottom of one side.
- Use your bag to fill your donut molds almost to the top with your green batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes, let cool, and carefully remove each green cake donut.
- Scoop your frosting into a microwavable bowl, mix in a couple drops of pink food coloring, and microwave for 15 seconds.
- Stir your frosting. Dip the top of each donut into the liquified pink frosting and place onto a piece of parchment paper.
- Sprinkle miniature chocolate chips on top, let set for 15 minutes, then enjoy your watermelon cake donuts!