If you like the sayings on conversation heart candy, then you should make these big Valentine’s Day Rice Krispie Hearts!
- 10 oz bag miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 16 oz creamy vanilla frosting
- Yellow, pink, and purple food coloring
- 4 decorating bags or sandwich bags
- Heart cookie cutter
- Grease a 9″ x 13″ baking pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large microwave-safe mixing bowl, combine your marshmallows and butter, heat for 60 seconds in the microwave, then mix well.
- Add your Rice Krispies cereal to your marshmallows and mix until the cereal is evenly coated
- Press your Rice Krispies into your baking pan (I used a potato masher and it worked great!).
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
- While freezing, separate your frosting into four bowls. Leave one bowl plain, in the second bowl mix in a small drop of yellow food coloring, in the third bowl add pink coloring, and in the fourth bowl add purple food coloring. In the end you will have 4 different colored icings. Scoop each one into a different decorating bag. If you don’t have decorating bags, put them in a sandwich bag.
- Use your heart cookie cutter to cut out your hearts.
- Cut a small tip off each decorating bag (or a bottom corner off each sandwich bag), and using one color at a time, draw a heart outline onto your Rice Krispies. Fill in each heart, then spread the icing evenly over the surface of the hearts with a knife.
- Using your white bag, write little sayings onto each heart like TXT ME, LUV, CALL ME, etc. just like conversation hearts!