These yummy chocolate-dipped cookies are the perfect Valentine’s Day treat!
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- Red food coloring
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) chocolate (or chocolate chips)
- Heart cookie cutter (optional)
- Heat oven to 325.
- In a mixer, add flour and sugar. Mix until combined.
- Add butter and 5 drops red food coloring (or more) and mix until dough forms. Be patient, at first it will be crumbly and then all of the sudden it will begin to clump together and you’ll have dough.
- Remove dough from mixer. On a lightly floured surface, use rolling pin to roll it about 1/4″ thick. Using a heart cookie cutter, cut into cookies and place on an ungreased backing sheet about an inch apart.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack. A longer cooking time will be necessary for thicker cookies.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe dish for 20 seconds stirring in between each session until completely melted.
- Dip the corner of a heart cookie into the chocolate, dip chocolate into sprinkles and set aside on parchment paper to dry.