These traditional style pasties (AKA meat pies) make a wonderfully hearty handheld fall meal, or a great meal for on the go!
- 1/2 pound potatoes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 cup minced onions
- 1 teaspoon parsley, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust
- Peel, chop, and boil potatoes until they’re tender and can be broken by piercing them with a fork.
- Brown meat, adding in minced garlic, minced onion, 1/2 tsp parsley, and salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend potatoes, milk, and butter with a stand mixer or hand mixer to create creamy mashed potatoes. Add 1/2 tsp parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll out both pie crusts.
- Layer meat and mashed potatoes in the center of each crust.
- Fold crusts in half, pinching edges.
- Cut three slices in the top of each crust.
- Bake until crusts are golden brown, about 25 to 30 minutes. Serve whole, or cut into half-portions.