This slow cooker apple cobbler recipe will help you easily make a delicious dessert, even on your busiest days! This is perfect for fall!
6 cups apples, cored, peeled, and sliced (I prefer Gala)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon, divided
1/4 tsp apple pie spice
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick of butter, melted
- Spray inside of slow cooker with non-stick spray. Add apples to slow cooker.
- Add brown sugar, 1 tsp of the cinnamon, and apple pie spice. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Sprinkle flour mixture over apples. Sprinkle with additional 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Drizzle melted butter over the flour and apples.
- Stir ingredients inside your slow cooker to combine everything.
- Put the lid on and cook on high 2 1/2 hours to 3 hours until apples are tender.
The longer you cook your slow cooker apple cobbler, the more the apples will break down. If you want your apples to be firmer, test them at about 2 hours in, then test in 15 minute increments from there until they’re at the texture you prefer.
Depending on the age/make/size of your slow cooker, your homemade apple cobbler may be done in only 2.5 hours, or it may take a bit longer than 3 hours. If you know your machine tends to run hot/cold, adjust your cook time accordingly.
Some people also like to add pecans to their apple cobbler! If you want to add them to yours, mix them in on step 3.