For a fun (and tasty) drink to serve at your next Memorial Day or Fourth of July party, make this red, white, and blue layered drink!
- Lots of ice
- Red soda with high sugar content – Red Mountain Dew or Faygo work best
- Clear soda such as 7up or Sprite
- Sugar free variety of blue Gatorade or Powerade
- Fill the glass all the way to the top with ice. This really helps keep your color layers precise!
- Pour the red soda slowly into the glass, as close to the side as you can get. Tilting the glass slightly while pouring in the red drink, helps to avoid staining the ice cubes red. Fill until the glass is ⅓ full.
- Rotate the glass, and pour the clear soda in. Try and pour it over a large ice cube and as slow as you possibly can. Fill until glass is ⅔ full.
- Finish the drink by slowly pouring in the blue sport drink.
The secret to layering drinks is sugar content. The drink with the highest sugar content will drop to the bottom and the one with the lowest sugar content will stay at the top.