- 2 Tablespoons Butter (don’t substitute)
- 2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- 2 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- Sprinkles, Frosting, spring candies etc
- Butter (for greasing hands)
- In a large bowl, place together the butter and mini marshmallows. Microwave for 2 minutes or until the butter is melted and the marshmallows are puffy.
- Remove from the microwave and stir in the cereal.
- Let the mixture cool for one minute, place a bit of butter or baking grease on your hands and shape the cereal into egg shapes or spray the inside of a plastic snap-apart Easter egg and use that for a mold.
- If you want to decorate using some cute spring sprinkles, make sure to place the sprinkles while the marshmallow treat is still warm so they stick. To decorate with frosting, wait until your egg shapes have cooled for a few minutes and then get creative with your designs!
- They are best if enjoyed the same day. Makes about 10 Easter Egg Krispie Treats.