- 5–6 C. Kellogg’s Rice Krispies
- 1 10.5 oz package of Peppermint Marshmallows (check the seasonal section of your store)
- 4 tbs. butter
- 4 oz. chocolate chips or chocolate candy melts, any brand (white chocolate looks pretty too)
- 5 candy canes, crushed
- 2 small sandwich baggies
- Kitchen scissors
- Melt the butter and peppermint marshmallows on low heat stirring frequently until melted.
- While the marshmallows and butter are melting, line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper or spray with some non-stick cooking spray. This will help tremendously with sticking.
- Once the marshmallows and butter have completely melted, pour in the Rice Krispie cereal and stir well coating all the Rice Krispies.
- Quickly pour the mixture in the baking dish and press down. Evenly. This is where sandwich baggie #1 comes into play. I wore it like a glove and sprayed it with non-stick spray and then evenly pressed down on the Rice Krispie bars making them even in the pan.
- Pour the chocolate chips into a small microwave safe dish and heat in 20 second increments, stirring every 20 seconds until melted. Remove from the microwave and let cool a few minutes.
- Scoop the melted chocolate into sandwich baggie #2 and snip the corner of the baggie with the kitchen scissors.
- Gently squeeze the chocolate out of the sandwich bag over the Rice Krispie treats. It doesn’t have to be perfect, I just criss-crossed and webnt back and forth.
- Lastly sprinkle with the crushed candy canes. They will stick on top of the melted chocolate.
- Cut evenly into 24 squares. 2 squares = 1 serving. Store in an airtight container for 4-5 days.