These patriotic decorated Oreos are a quick and easy treat that would be perfect for your next Memorial Day or Fourth of July party!
- 1 (15.35 ounce) package Oreos, original flavor
- 2 (12 ounce) packages blue candy melts wafers
- 2 (12 ounce) packages red candy melts wafers
- Coconut oil or vegetable shortening (keep on hand, but you may not need it)
- Patriotic star sprinkles
- 2 microwave safe bowls
- Wax paper
- Piping bag or zip top freezer bag
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Melt candy coating according to package directions. If the candy is too thick to pour, add 1 teaspoon coconut oil or vegetable shortening. Don’t add water. Stir well. You can add up to 1 tablespoon of coconut oil per bag of candy wafers.
- Dip each Oreo into the melted candy. Remove the Oreo, tapping gently against the side of the bowl, allowing excess candy to return to the bowl. If air bubbles form, pop them with a toothpick or the edge tine of a fork. Place the Oreos on the wax paper. Allow to set completely before proceeding to the next step. To speed up the process, the Oreos can be refrigerated or placed in the freezer in a single layer.
- Transfer melted candy coating to a piping bag or a zip top freezer bag with the corner snipped. Create solid lines of a different color across the cookie in stripes. Top with a pinch or two of patriotic star sprinkles.
- Allow the patriotic decorated Oreos to set completely at room temperature, or refrigerate for faster results.