- 3 – 4 pounds of chicken wings (fresh/defrosted, not frozen)
- 1 gallon size plastic zip top bag
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons of baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon of garlic salt (to make homemade garlic salt, just combine salt to garlic powder in a 3 to 1 ratio)
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of seasoned salt
- 1 Tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup of buffalo sauce (I used Franks)
- 1 1/2 cups of barbecue sauce (Our favorites are Country Bob’s and KC Masterpiece)
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of molasses (I used Grandma’s molasses)
- 1 Tablespoon of rice wine vinegar (you can substitute 1 Tablespoon of apple cider vinegar if you don’t have rice vinegar)
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of honey Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In the plastic zip top bag add the flour, baking powder, garlic salt, pepper, seasoned salt, and Italian seasoning, and zip the top of the bag, making sure it’s sealed. Shake all ingredients together until completely blended.
- Salt and pepper the wings, then drop them about a pound at a time into the bag, and shake to coat.
- Spray a large baking dish, 11 X 14 or larger, with cooking spray, then place the olive oil in the dish along with the butter, and put in the oven to melt the butter.
- When the butter is melted, remove the dish from the oven and add chicken wings to the dish, until all wings have been added, and place the dish back in oven. Bake wings for 1 hour, turning over a couple of times, until they are golden brown.
- While the wings are baking, make the sauce: In a large sauce pan, add the Buffalo sauce, BBQ sauce, honey, molasses, vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, ketchup, and garlic powder, and heat until the sauce boils.
- Turn the heat to low, and simmer the sauce until the wings are done.
- When the wings are done, turn the oven off, remove the dish from the oven, and pour the sauce over the wings in the baking dish. Turn the wings in the sauce with a large spoon to coat them, and return the dish to the still warm oven for 10 more minutes. Then remove the dish from the oven, and serve your oven baked wings with your favorite sides. Enjoy!