If you’re looking for the perfect fall dessert, you have to make these easy mini apple pie wonton cups!
- 12 wonton wrappers (this is the brand I usually get at my local grocery store)
- ¼ cup of white granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon of melted butter
Apple Pie Filling
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of ground allspice
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon of cornstarch + 2 Tablespoons of water
- Whipped Cream
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F and grease a 6 cup muffin pan with melted butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the Tablespoon of ground cinnamon with the 1/4 cup white granulated sugar. Mix well to make cinnamon sugar.
- Lay out the wonton wrappers on the working surface and brush them with the tablespoon of melted butter. Generously sprinkle with the prepared cinnamon sugar.
- Lay two wonton wrappers on top of each other. Turn the top wrapper by 90 degree, so that all eight corners are facing opposite directions. Place this in one of the muffin cups and press it down gently to create a cup shape, with the corners sticking out. Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers. There should be 2 wonton wrappers in each muffin cup.
- Bake it in the oven for 8 minutes. Let it cool.
- Now start making the apple pie filling. While the wrappers cool, heat 2 Tablespoons of butter in a large pan, over medium heat.
- Add the chopped apples along with a pinch of salt and let it cook for 5 minutes, till slightly soft.
- Add the ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Stir, then add the brown sugar, stir again, and let it cook for another 2 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch with water to make a slurry. Add the slurry to the apple pie filling and let it cook for a minute, stirring it constantly. Remove from heat and let the pie filing come to room temperature.
- Divide the pie filling among the baked wonton cups.
- Bake for another 5 minutes at 350 °F. Let it cool slightly, then remove from the muffin pan.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a dollop of whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon.
Make Ahead Notes- These mini apple pie wonton cups are best served on the same day. But if you want to serve them at a later date, prepare the wonton cups and store them in an airtight container on the counter. Make the apple pie filling and store it in the fridge for up to a week. Before serving, place the pie filling in the wonton cups and bake for 5 to 6 minutes at 350 °F. Serve warm.