This hearty Mason jar beef stew is a wonderful winter dish!
- 1 cup shoestring carrots
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1/2 rutabaga, cubed
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 32 ounces beef stock/beef broth
- 12 – 16 ounces cubed beef (I used leftover roast)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons corn starch (dissolved in cold water)
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 package refrigerated biscuits (or more if desired; I used Grands Flaky Layers biscuits)
- Toss everything into a large stock pot! Seriously! No need to heat up the onion or cook the meat! Toss it all in and mix it up.
- Heat until boiling. Then reduce heat to simmer and cover and cook for 30-60 minutes until vegetables are tender and cooked through.
- Heat oven to 350 (or whatever the biscuit package directions say).
- Place jars onto a baking sheet lined with foil. Spoon beef stew into the jars and top each with one biscuit. Bake for 12-15 minutes (or as directed on the biscuit package).
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!