This is a light, delicious recipe that’s perfect for hot days!
- 1 lb. shrimp, thawed and tails removed
- 1/2 Cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 lb. linguine
- ½ C butter
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- 1 zucchini, medium
- 2 carrots
- ½ head bok choy
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, de-seeded and chopped
- ½ onion, medium, sliced thinly
- ½ tsp garlic, minced
- ½ tsp dill, minced
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ salt
- ¼ pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/8 tsp Dijon mustard
- Place shrimp in small pot and add enough water to cover them by ½ inch.
- Add a pinch of salt and bring pot to a boil, then turn down to simmer for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, drain the shrimp from the water (reserving the water and returning it to the pot). Bring stock to a low boil and add the milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, mustard, dill, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Then bring the mixture back to a full boil and add in the corn starch. Stir until thickened, approximately 2 minutes. Reduce heat to a simmer and add the butter, slowly letting it melt into the sauce, and stirring to combine. Let the sauce simmer another 10 minutes to really combine all the flavors.
- Meanwhile, with a vegetable peeler, peel long ribbons from the zucchini to the point where you see seeds. Keep the peeled zucchini ribbons for this dish and chop up the leftover inner part to add to roasted vegetables, or simply toss the chopped up part into the pan with the carrots later on.
- Peel long ribbons from the carrots.
- Slice the bok choy in long ribbons/sticks and set aside. Also de-seed and chop your tomatoes.
- In a separate pot, heat water to boiling and cook linguine according to package instructions. Drain and keep warm.
- Melt butter in a frying pan and fry the onions until translucent. Then add bok choy and carrot ribbons, plus the chopped up zucchini inside pieces (if using). Sauté for approximately 2 minutes and then add the zucchini ribbons and tomato pieces (they’ll cook really fast, so you want to add them at the end).
- Add the linguini to the pan as well and toss all pasta and vegetables together.
- Add shrimp and toss again until well incorporated
- Pour sauce mixture over all ingredients and toss well.