This Italian cheesy chicken pasta one pot meal is quick and easy to put together, and quick to clean up, too!
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 can Italian style stewed tomatoes, 14.5 oz
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 16 ounces rotini pasta, uncooked
- 24 ounces pasta sauce
- 3 cups water
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning (I used my homemade Italian seasoning)
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- In a large stock pot, add chicken and half of the can of stewed tomatoes. Heat on medium high until chicken is no longer pink. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Add pasta sauce, water, and rotini pasta to pan and bring to a boil. Season with Italian seasoning and parsley. Add the red pepper flakes if you want to add a touch of spicy heat to your sauce. Reduce heat to simmer and cover for 15 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
- Stir in remaining stewed tomatoes and both cheeses. Serve with fresh basil and additional cheese if desired.