These colorful fall leaf cookies are perfect fall party desserts!
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Parchment paper
- Red, green, and orange gel food coloring
- Leaf cookie cutters
- Fake leaves
- Preheat your oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to beat your butter and sugar together.
- Then add your almond extract and egg and mix again.
- Now add your flour and salt and mix well until the dough starts to get thick and crumbles.
- Knead the dough in your hands until it starts sticking together. Separate into three even dough balls.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to each dough ball and knead with your hands until each ball is a different color. You should end up with one red ball, one green ball, and one orange ball.
- Lay down a piece of parchment paper and sprinkle a bit of extra flour on it. Then squish your three dough balls together, and roll your dough out flat on the paper.
- Use your leaf cookie cutters to cut your leaf shapes out and transfer them to your baking pan.
- Press the back of a clean fake leaf onto your leaf cookies to imprint the cookies with the leaf design.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool.