Easily (and quickly!) make your own delicious homemade vanilla extract in your Instant Pot!
- Vodka – 40% alcohol
- 4 Madagascar vanilla beans
- 1 cup water
- Quart canning jar
- Toughly wash and dry your canning jar and scissors. Cut the vanilla beans in half and place them in the jar.
- Fill the jar with vodka to the thread lines. Leave the lid off.
- Put the trivet on the bottom of the Instant Pot and pour in 1 cup of water. Next, position the canning jar on the trivet.
- Lock the Instant Pot’s lid into place and turn the pressure valve to sealing. Cook the vanilla extract using the manual button on high pressure for 40 minutes. To release the pressure, use a long utensil to turn the pressure valve to the open position. Be careful, steam will shoot out.
- Use oven mitts to remove the jar of vanilla from the Instant Pot. Let the extract cool completely before screwing the lid on the jar. Putting the lid on the jar while it is still warm will cause it to vacuum seal. Your homemade vanilla extract is now ready to use right away! Leave the beans in the jar to allow the flavor to strengthen over time. Store in a cool dry place. The alcohol smell will lessen over the next week.