This homemade strawberry lemonade recipe is so simple and easy to make. It uses fresh strawberries, and is refined sugar free! Plus, it’s delicious!
Strawberry Syrup Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups of water
Strawberry Lemonade Ingredients (per serving):
- 1 lemon
- 1–2 Tablespoons homemade strawberry syrup (see strawberry syrup ingredients below)
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup of water
- Fresh strawberries, optional forgarnish
- Place strawberries and water in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Set the saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and continue to simmer until liquid is reduced by about half, 5 minutes.
- Strain out the strawberries and save the strawberry liquid. (Don’t throw out the strawberries! They can be used in a smoothie or pie.)
To make the lemonade:
- Cut the lemon in half, juice it, and place the juice in a serving glass. (About 2 Tablespoons lemon juice.)
- Pour in the strawberry syrup and maple syrup and stir well.
- Add the lemon halves to the glass, along with a handful of ice cubes, and then top with 1 cup water.
- Garnish with additional fresh strawberries, if desired, and serve immediately.