Skip the dyes and chemicals in commercial fruit snacks by making your own healthy homemade ones!
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons gelatin powder (I used grass-fed beef gelatin)
- 2 cups pureed fruit (Use fresh or frozen. I actually used applesauce and then steamed some apples with cinnamon since I didn’t have any other fruit on hand! It worked out great.)
- 1/2 cup fruit juice of your choice
- 2 tablespoons sugar or maple syrup, or 1/4 cup honey
- Silicone candy/chocolate mold
- Puree your fruit and set aside.
- Measure out your fruit juice and set aside.
- Boil 1/2 cup of the water. Set aside the other 1/2 cup room temperature water in the container or jar you plan on mixing everything in (I suggest something you can easily use to pour your mixture into your fruit snack molds).
- In your 1/2 cup of room temperature water add your gelatin powder and stir.
- Quickly add your boiling water to your gelatin mixture and rapidly stir.
- Quickly add your sugar (or maple syrup or honey), fruit puree and juice and stir further.
- Before the gelatin solidifies pour your mixture into your molds. If this gets a little messy don’t worry. You can even off the top of your molds with a butter knife or cake cutter.
- After you are finished pouring your fruit mixture into the molds, place them on a cookie sheet in the refrigerator. Cool for at least 2 hours.
- Pop the fruit snacks out of the molds and enjoy!