Stop buying pricey commercial granola and make your own. This apple cinnamon granola is so easy to make, and full of delicious apple flavor!
- 3/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 1/4 cup large toasted coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (AKA regular rolled oats)
- 1/2 cup rice puffins or more oats
- 2 Tablespoons bee pollen
- 1.5 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil (measured solid)
- 1/3 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 inch vanilla bean
- 1 apple (3/4 cup) peeled and grated
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine the almonds and walnuts in a food processor and process until chunky (leave pieces for texture!).
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients up to and including the cinnamon.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave and combine with the cashew butter, vanilla, and applesauce. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir briefly.
- Add in the grated apple and mix until everything looks a bit wet.
- On a large tray, spread out the granola into a thin layer and press down with a silicone spatula. You want to press down firmly to try and keep the granola somewhat stuck together versus spread out.
- Bake for 12 minutes then stir the granola, pressing it down again.
- Bake another 14 minutes until granola is starting to brown (it won’t look quite done yet).
- Remove from oven and let sit for one hour to firm up before moving. Then enjoy your homemade apple cinnamon granola!