Have delicious pancakes every morning, even if you’re in a rush, with this freezer pancakes recipe!
- 1 C. whole wheat flour
- 1 tbs. sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 C. milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- parchment paper
- gallon plastic freezer bags
- mix-ins- chocolate chips, chopped cranberries, diced apples, etc. (optional)
- Combine the main ingredients, mixing well. If opting to use mix-ins, you can add them to the batter at this stage, or you can sprinkle them onto each pancake as soon as the batter is on the griddle.
- Heat a large frying pan or griddle with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- Using a small 1/4 cup size measuring cup to pour the batter out onto your pan. Cook until the tops bubble and then flip. Cook until golden brown.
- Once the pancakes are cooked, remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Lay the gallon storage bag flat and lay 4 pancakes inside. Place a square of parchment paper over the 4 pancakes and repeat the stacking process between squares of parchment paper.
- Repeat until the bag is full. I was able to get all the cooked pancakes inside a single gallon freezer bag.
- To reheat- Simply remove the pancakes from the freezer and reheat them in the microwave. I heat them 2-3 at a time for about 1 – 1 1/2 minutes.