This is such an easy and yummy make-ahead breakfast!
- 1/2 cup of old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup of milk (we use almond milk)
- 1/2 cup of fresh cut strawberries (you could of course use any fruit that you like instead of strawberries)
- 1 oz of your favorite nuts or seeds, like chia, sunflower, or hemp (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (optional)- Can substitute with honey, agave, maple syrup, jam etc.
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 16oz Mason jar (optional)
- Put your rolled oats and milk into a microwave safe bowl. Stir and heat for about 30 seconds in the microwave. Don’t worry if it seems runny. The oats will absorb the milk overnight.
- Add some sweetener of your choice and taste test to see if you want to add more.
- Add nuts/seeds and sliced strawberries. Stir gently.
- Sprinkle with some cinnamon. If you like, you can transfer the strawberry and nut oatmeal to a Mason jar and then sprinkle the cinnamon on top.
- Cover your bowl or Mason jar and refrigerate overnight. Eat chilled.