- 2 ¼ cups of flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup baking cocoa
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 dark chocolate or semi-sweet chips
- ½ tsp. salt
- Cream butter, vanilla, and brown sugar in hand or stand mixer until smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, cocoa, and salt.
- Add flour mixture a cup at a time until fully incorporated, mixture will be crumbly.
- Transfer dough to a large sheet of waxed paper, press it together, wrap it up and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Remove dough, sandwich between 2 sheets of waxed paper, roll to ¼” thickness.
- Cut out desired shape with cookie cutters.
- Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies are firm but not crisp.
- Remove from oven, cool completely.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe dish 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each time until they are completely smooth and melted.
- Use a spatula to spread melted chocolate over half your cookie, place on waxed paper until chocolate has set.
- Store in an airtight container.