These decadent Amish chocolate chip cookies are a show stopper! They are fluffy, chewy, and utterly irresistible!
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup chocolate chips, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. In the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a large bowl using an electric hand mixer, beat together the butter, oil, granulated sugar, and powdered sugar.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract and beat until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips, as desired.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion 1 Tablespoon-sized scoops of the cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet, about 2” apart (a cookie scoop makes this easy).
- Bake for 14-18 minutes, until the edges are just slightly golden.
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.