These Frankenstein treats make excellent Halloween party desserts!
- 10 oz bag of marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- Green food coloring
- 4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Black candy melts
- Large candy eyeballs
- Purple Skittles or brown M&M’s
- Black gel icing
- Grease a 9×12″ baking pan with butter or oil.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, heat your marshmallows and softened butter for 1-2 minutes until the marshmallows start to grow.
- Mix in your green food coloring.
- Mix your Rice Krispies cereal into your marshmallows.
- Press your Rice Krispies mixture evenly into the bottom of your greased pan and set in the refrigerator for a few hours to set.
- Cut your pan of Rice Krispies into rectangles.
- Melt one cup of black candy melts at a time, in a microwave safe dish for 3-4 minutes on 50 percent power, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. The amount you’ll need to melt will depend on how many rectangles you cut out of your Rice Krispies pan.
- Dip 1/4 of the top of your Rice Krispie rectangles in your melted black chocolate, then set on a piece of parchment paper to harden.
- Put a small amount of your melted chocolate onto the back of your candy eyes and press two onto the front of each Rice Krispie treat, right under the “hair.”
- Then place a small amount of your melted chocolate on the back of your Skittles or M&Ms and press one onto each side of each Rice Krispie treat to become the Frankenstein monster’s bolts.
- Draw a mouth onto the front of the Rice Krispie with your black gel icing. Then your homemade Frankenstein Rice Krispies are ready to be served and enjoyed!