- 1 cup gluten-free old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups water (or almond milk)
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium saucepan place oats, water or almond milk, and a pinch of salt.
- Turn the heat to medium, and bring to a boil; stir, as needed, to avoid scorching.
- Once boiling, turn heat to low, and let it simmer for about 15 minutes while stirring occasionally. The oatmeal will be soft and thick and have a creamy consistency.
- Add almond butter and almond milk, stirring until incorporated.
- Peel and slice orange. Add orange, pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds, frozen berries, nuts, or add your own favorite fall and winter toppings.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Notes: The fruit and almond milk will give the oatmeal a sweet flavor. However, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup if you prefer a sweeter taste.